Featuring Special Guest Eric Markle: father, friend and fellow church leader.
Early last year I talked about the rare and unlikely event of having a very tranquil experience in the dentist chair…
I know, like I said, rare and unlikely.
But I wrote about one particular aspect of which: the moment that big, heavy, led blanket is laid across your chest and hips prior to x-rays of course.
So there is our metaphor for God’s love in fact.
God’s love is like a led blanket in at least 3 ways:
- It is the only place you will find real and lasting protection
- It must be made available to every single person and deserving of every single person
- It is used indiscriminately, even with an arch-enemy
Please have a listen!
Here is the MP3
Here is the iTunes link
Gary Chapman book “The Five Love Languages”
1. There is no protection like the Led Blanket of Love
2. You are worthy of a love like the Led Blanket can offer
3. Led blanket love is enemy love
-in all things, choose love
-optimize love by loving others according to how they best receive and experience love
Five Love Languages – Gary Chapman
1. Gift Giving
2. Quality Time
3. Word of Affirmation
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch
What are some examples, in your daily walk with God, of how he shows His love to you?
What is your strategy with your spouse, to express the ethic of love?
What is your strategy with your children, to express the ethic of love?